Friday, January 26, 2007

Day Three

Due to the issues yesterday it was decided to play three games today - one 7 inning game in the morning and two 5 inning games in the afternoon. Even as one of the youngest guys here, that is daunting.

Realised I didn't get a picture in my full kit, so here it is:


First game was at Jo DiMaggio Field. Batted ok, going 2-2 with a double and run. After almost begging Mitch Williams, he put me in during the top of the fourth as our starter began to tire with the score 4-1. With runners on, I managed to get the final out of the inning, and then pitch another 2 hitless innings to get the save. By this stage, Mitch made my day by telling me I'd be his closer.

Second game was at Mike Schmidt Field. The organisers were kind enough to let me line up the 2 teams before the game to sing the national anthemn in honour of Australia Day. Did my best and got a rousing cheer afterwards.

We tried another starter, but he got into trouble, letting in four runs in the first with no outs. Mitch yelled out, "where's Doc" and he was told I was already warming up. Got the call and I was in the game. From there I pitched a 2 hit shutout and our guys added 7 runs to win the game. Put a 'W' in there for me now. Batting wise I was 1-1 with a Sac Bunt and a Walk


Third game was at Robin Roberts Field against Kruk and Hollins' side. We tried another starter as Mitch wanted to save me for closing. We got out to a good lead and held them. Once again, I was pulled in to close the 5th to pick up a hold. With the bat I was 1-1 with a walk.

Overall my batting is a little off - not really hitting the ball cleanly but getting some gaps. Hoping to crush one tomorrow

That leaves us at 3-0 and looking good to progress to the final tomorrow. I think there is only one other undefeated side.

Tonight the team is off to dinner at local steakhouse for a bonding session. Looking forward to that and the 2 games tomorrow.Still having fun and getting dirty.

No comments: